Apple’s Airpods are the most talked headphones released in recent years. Like most Bluetooth headphones, Apple’s Airpods have the firmware to work properly. Firmware has to be updated periodically with bug fixes and improvements in order to fix issues and perform smoothly. Apple also released Airpods firmware update with many bug fixes and improvements. If you are Airpods owner, follow the guide how to check Apple’s Airpods firmware version and update the firmware version with a newer version.
How to Check Airpods Firmware Version
- It is an easy task to check Apple’s Airpods currently installed firmware version. To get started with the process launch the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to General > About.
- Next, bring AirPods within Charging Case close to your iPhone and open the lid on the Charging Case.
- Now, you will get a pop up on your iOS device’s screen confirming the connection between your Airpods and your iPhone.
- Keeping charging case lid open, swipe the iPhone’s display to dismiss the connectivity pop-up.
- Once connectivity pop-up dismissed, you will find a new Airpods option in About screen below the SEID option.
- Now tap on the Airpods option to see the currently installed version of your Airpods
- You’ll also be able to see detailed information about your AirPods, including the model number, serial number, and hardware version.
Now, you have seen the procedure to check the Airpods firmware version currently installed. Check below how to update Airpods firmware to the latest version.
How to Update Airpods Firmware to Latest Version
Check Here: How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Using Yalu Jailbreak
Apple doesn’t provide any automated way to recognize and update the firmware. You need to manually update the Airpods firmware. First place the Airpods inside the charging case. Make sure the Airpods Charging case is plugged for charging and connect the charging case to the nearby iPhone connected to a wireless network. Once the Airpods connected to the iPhone having the internet connectivity, the firmware will be automatically updated to the latest version in the background without any further user-interaction.
The latest Airpods firmware version released is 3.5.1. So, check your firmware version and update the firmware if you find any older version following the tutorial. Do share it on social media if it meant useful. Thanks for visiting us. Keep visiting us for more updates.